(Note: This page is for information on Confirmation Preparation for teens during high school. If your are older than 12th grade or an adult looking for information about Confirmation Preparation that is done through our R.C.I.A Program. Please go to our R.C.I.A. page.)
2023 Confirmation Program Registration
Invitations to eligible teens will be sent out in mid-January 2023. If you received an Invitation please complete the 2 steps below by January 29, 2023 to properly register for the Confirmation Immediate Preparation Class.
1. Download, fill out, and return these items by email to [email protected] by January 29, 2023:
- Petition for the Sacrament of Confirmation
- Sponsor Information Sheet
- Parish Sacramental Registry Information Sheet
- Philosophy and Schedule
- Confirmation Requirements Contract
- Parent Testimony Sheet
- Copy of your Baptismal Certificate
- a 5x7 picture.
2. Choose an available Final Interview time from the chart below and email [email protected] with your selected timeslot and phone number.
2023 Final Interview Timeslots
Email [email protected] with your requested timeslot and phone number.
|3pm||Bentinck||McNamara||M. Miracco||H. Ward|
|4pm||Whitworth||Ruh||J. Miracco||C. Ward|
|5pm||G. Rhoten||Hinds||Jaravata||Co. Ryan|
Confirmation is only 1 part of our overall Youth Ministry Program at Church of the Nativity. Confirmed teens are expected to continue their participation in our Youth Ministry Program or Catholic High School after Confirmation to live out their Confirmation promise.
In order to be eligible to enter the Nativity Confirmation Immediate Preparation Program a teen has to meet the following 3 requirements from the Nativity Confirmation Policy by mid-January of their sophomore, junior, or senior year. Once eligible, the Confirmation Immediate Preparation Program and Retreat provide an opportunity for the teen to meet the remaining Confirmation requirements.
- Minimum age 15 + a high school sophomore, junior or senior
- Mimimum of Two Years of Prior Catechesis / Religious Instruction at the High School level at Church of the Nativity Youth Ministry or a Catholic High School
- If your teen attends a Public High School, they meet this requirement by attending our Youth Ministry Sunday Topic Nights for 2 years.
- If your teen attends a Catholic High School, they meet this requirement by attending the Catholic High School for 2 years. They are always welcome to attend our Sunday Topic Nights as well, but don't have to in order to meet this requirement. If they transfer out of a Catholic High School before completing 2 years (4 semesters) then they would need to attend our attend our Sunday Topic Nights to make up the difference.
- If a teen has attended another parish's program for 1 year and transfers to Church of the Nativity we can give them 1 year of credit towards the Two Years of Prior Catechesis Requirement if they provide a letter from their previous parish's program director and Pastor.
Parents and teens may download our Confirmation Policy at the link below. This Confirmation Policy was approved by our pastor, Fr. Gus, on July 28, 2021 and makes no changes to the previous policy.
2023 Confirmation Mass Date
Our 2023 Confirmation Mass date is Saturday April 29 at 1pm at Church of the Nativity with Bishop Bejarano.
2023 Confirmation Retreat
Our Confirmation Retreat will be on Saturday March 18 from 10:30am to 7pm on the church grounds. If a teen can't make our retreat date for the entire duration they should call other local parishes immediately to check availability to join them. A Confirmation Retreat is required in order to be Confirmed. Teens should bring a sack lunch, jacket, Confirmation Binder, and a pen to the retreat.
2023 Confirmation Immediate Preparation Class Dates
1. February 5, 2023 - Confirmation Immediate Preparation Class #1 - 3:30-4:30pm
2. February 19, 2023 - Confirmation Immediate Preparation Class #2 - 3:30-4:30pm
3. March 5, 2023 - Confirmation Immediate Preparation Class #3 - 3:30-4:30pm - (My Personal Creed Due)
4. March 12, 2023 - Confirmation Immediate Prepation Class #4 - 3:30-4:30pm - (Confirmation Readiness Questionnaire Due)
5. March 19, 2023 - Confirmation Immediate Preparation Class #5 - 3:30-4:30pm - (Confirmation Name Essay Due)
6. March 26, 2023 - Confirmation Immediate Preparation Class #6 - 3:30-4:30pm
7. Confirmation Retreat Date - Saturday March 18 from 10:30am-7pm on church grounds.
8. Final Interviews - March 28 - April 7 - by appointment.
9. Confirmation Mass - Saturday April 29 at 1pm with Bishop Bejarano
For more information on Confirmation contact Mike James, Director of Catechetical Ministry, at [email protected]